If you follow me on Instagram, you might have noticed this soup made an appearance in one form or another over the past few months. It’s so easy to make and so delicious that I find myself making it again and again. For those following Keto, it has great macros and is perfect for lunch, or as a snack to get some much needed nutrients that are very important on a low carb diet.
I have not delved into making my own bone broth yet, so for now I’ve been buying mine. You should be able to find it in the soup/broth section of your grocery store. If you can’t find it, and don’t want to make your own, regular beef broth will work just as well.
If anyone has any good soup recipes they want to share, please comment below! With all this cold weather I’m in the mood for some comforting soups and stews!
If you want to skip the video and instructions with pictures below, and just want to jump straight to the written recipe, click here.
Easy Mushroom Bone Broth Soup
- 32 oz Beef Bone Broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground, black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 8 oz mushrooms (I often use portobello, but also use white button)
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
Video Demonstration (written recipe with pictures below):
There is music in the video, so mute your volume (or turn it down) if you don’t want to hear it or would get in trouble for watching a video at work.
1. Wash, and if necessary, slice mushrooms.
2. Dice 1/4 of a yellow onion.
3. In a medium pot, heat the bone broth, heavy cream, butter, and coconut oil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Just as it warms, add the garlic paste and chicken bouillon and stir again.
5. Add the garlic powder, black pepper, salt, onion powder, and basil. Stir well.
6. Add the mushrooms and diced onion and stir.
7. Continue heating over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. At this point you can serve and eat! Or, you can lower heat to warm/simmer and continue to simmer (stirring occasionally) for as long as desired. The longer you cook, the better the flavor. I’ve simmered for up to an hour before and it was delicious!
I typically make this and break it out into 3 servings for my lunches or as a snack. I have to keep mushrooms on hand at all times though. Sometimes I find my soup stolen by my husband and have to make more! Using a calculation of 3 servings, this recipe came to 265 calories, 6 g net carbs, 12 g protein, and 20 g fat per serving.
I used the MyFitnessPal recipe creator to calculate nutritional information. Nutritional values may change based off the ingredient brands you use, and of course, the size/number of servings you make.
I hope everyone enjoys! Let me know what you think in the comments!
Please don’t mind the mess.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be grateful if you’d help me by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Thank you!
Easy Mushroom Bone Broth Soup recipe minus the story:
Music – Summers Coming by Dexter Britain is licensed under a Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.