I love using my slow cooker any time of the year, but there’s something so comforting about using it when it starts getting colder outside. This meal definitely falls under the category of comfort food. Cream cheese, heavy cream, butter… yep, that’s all I need for a delicious meal!
Sometimes it’s hard to believe I get to eat such great food and still lose weight. I’m still an extremely slow loser, but I’m down two pant sizes, so progress is being made!
I love to make this creamy chicken and broccoli stew in the slow cooker, though I’m sure you could bake it in the oven just as easily. However, I love to put things in the Crock Pot in the morning, and then smell all the delicious goodness throughout the day as I work. Or, even better, if I’m out running errands, when first walking in the door you get this wave of creamy chicken yumminess that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
So, I know it’s not much to look at, but I promise the taste will make up for the looks! And it’s so easy to make, this post is going to by quick!
If you want to skip the video and instructions with pictures below, and just want to jump straight to the written recipe, click here.
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Stew
- 4 – 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14oz – 16 oz frozen broccoli florets
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 oz mushrooms
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp diced jalapenos
- 1 tsp Lite salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic paste
Video Demonstration (written recipe with pictures below):
There is music in the video, so mute your volume (or turn it down) if you don’t want to hear it or would get in trouble for watching a video at work.
1. Mix heavy cream, parmesan cheese, diced jalapenos, salt, pepper, and garlic paste in a bowl.
2. In a large crock pot/slow cooker, place the broccoli florets. Add the chicken on top of the broccoli.
3. Place the block of cream cheese and butter on top of the chicken, then pour the parmesan cream mixture over everything in the Crock Pot.
4. Cook on low for four hours and then add the mushrooms.
5. Cover again, and cook an additional hour. Using two forks, shred the chicken, then mix everything together.
6. If desired, top with shredded parmesan cheese and enjoy!
We were able to get 8 servings out of this recipe, but two were smaller in size for my lunches, so for nutritional values I’m using 6 dinner sized servings (about 1 1/2 – 2 cups per serving). Using a calculation of 6 servings, this recipe came to 447 calories, 3 g net carbs, 34 g protein, and 33 g fat per serving.
I used the MyFitnessPal recipe creator to calculate nutritional information. Nutritional values may change based off the ingredient brands you use, and of course, the size/number of servings you make.
I hope everyone enjoys! Let me know what you think in the comments!
Please don’t mind the mess.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be grateful if you’d help me by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Thank you!
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Stew recipe minus the story:
Music – Thread of Clouds by Blue Dot Sessions is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial License.