This week’s postings may be a little messy (so Monday’s post is on Tuesday, Wednesday’s post might be on Thursday, etc). Due to a very busy weekend where I had a couple extra children, I didn’t make as much progress for this week as I would normally like. So a day late, but it’s so good, it’s worth it!
At least that’s what I’m telling everyone.
Yesterday was Labor Day, and because we had the day off, we decided to go Pokemon Go-ing at Six Flags. I had this recipe on the back burner for awhile, and this seemed like a great time to make it to fuel my band of Pokemon hunters. Full of sausage, eggs, and mushrooms, it fills up the three men in my life and sneaks in some vitamins B and D in there at the same time!
The best part is, if you have picky eaters in your house who refuse to eat mushrooms, you can’t even taste them in this breakfast casserole. Seth scarfed two servings down without any hesitation.
This has nothing to do with my post, but I found this cute little comic and wanted to throw it up for those who love puns. You know who you are.
I hope you enjoy this delicious sausage mushroom breakfast bake as mush as we do! Let me know what you think in the comments!
If you want to skip the video and instructions with the pictures, and just want the written recipe, click here.
Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake
– 1 lb ground sausage
– 1/2 an onion, diced
– 8 oz mushrooms
– 9 eggs
– 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
– 1/2 tsp Lite Salt
– 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
– 2 cups of shredded cheese
– 2 – 3 stalks of green onion, chopped
Video Demonstration (written recipe with pictures below):
If you want to skip the video and jump straight to the written recipe without pictures, click here.
There is music in the video, so mute your volume (or turn it down) if you don’t want to hear it or would get in trouble for watching a video at work.
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Brown sausage over medium heat. Add diced onion and mushrooms. Saute for 3 – 5 minutes.
3. While the sausage and mushroom mix is finishing it’s saute; add eggs, heavy whipping cream, salt, and pepper to a bowl. Whisk very well to incorporate air into the mix.
4. Place the sausage mushroom mixture into the bottom of a casserole dish. I used a 9 x 13. Spread the mixture so that it evenly covers the bottom of the dish. Top with desired amount of shredded cheese – I used about two cups.
5. Carefully pour egg mix over the cheese. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
6. If desired, top with chopped green onion and sour cream. Enjoy!
I was able to get 8 servings out of this. My calculations do not include the sour cream you see in a couple of the pictures. Using a calculation of 8 servings, this came to about 343 calories, 7 grams net carbs, 16 grams of protein, and 27 grams of fat per serving.
I used the MyFitnessPal recipe creator to calculate nutritional information. Nutritional values may change based off the ingredient brands you use, and of course, the size/number of servings you make.
I hope everyone enjoys! Let me know what you think in the comments!
Please don’t mind the mess.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be grateful if you’d help me by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Thank you!
Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake recipe minus the story:
Music – Night Owl by Broke For Free is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License.