This is hands down, one of my family’s favorite dishes. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen that we like chicken and jalapeno poppers… so obviously the perfect dish would be to meld the two together, right?!
I wish I could eat this every night, but we already eat a good amount of jalapeno poppers, so adding this might be overkill.
This is pretty easy to make (though there are a few recipes out there making it even easier), but it is a little time consuming. However, it’s perfect for keto; it is low carb, high fat, and so tasty I don’t mind the extra time put in. Plus I get the added bonus of the kids standing around the counter, asking, “Oh, are you making that thing again? Awesome!” Word for word folks. You could say this is a hit with the family.
Hope you guys enjoy it! Please let me know what you guys think, I welcome the feedback!
If you want to skip the video and instructions with the pictures, and just want the written recipe, click here.
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Chicken
– 6 – 8 chicken breasts, thawed
– 4 – 6 tbsp diced jalapenos
– 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 tbsp garlic paste (or 1 minced garlic clove)
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp ground black pepper
– 12 – 16 strips of raw bacon
Video Demonstration (written recipe with pictures below):
If you want to skip the video and jump straight to the written recipe without pictures, click here.
There is music in the video, so mute your volume (or turn it down) if you don’t want to hear it or would get in trouble for watching a video at work.
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a medium sized bowl, add cream cheese, diced jalapenos, cheddar cheese, garlic paste, salt, and black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
4. Place about a tablespoon (or desired amount) of cheese filling in the middle of each chicken breast. Fold chicken over and wrap two pieces of bacon around the whole thing to keep it from falling apart.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 400° and bake for another 20 minutes.
6. Serve with your favorite side dish and enjoy!
I actually ended up with 9 chicken breasts. I don’t know if that was just an anomaly with the frozen chicken I bought or not; but, I based my calculations off of using all the cheese filling into 9 chicken breasts with 18 pieces of bacon used. Using a calculation of 9 servings, this came to about 460 calories, 3 grams net carbs, 55 grams of protein, and 23 grams of fat per patty.
I used the MyFitnessPal recipe creator to calculate nutritional information. Nutritional values may change based off the ingredient brands you use, and of course, the size/number of servings you make.
I hope everyone enjoys! Let me know what you think in the comments!
Please don’t mind the mess.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be grateful if you’d help me by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Thank you!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Chicken recipe minus the story:
Music – Show It To Me by Night Club is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 License.